Section 316.193, Florida Statutes, states that ignition interlock devices must be installed on the vehicle of certain persons convicted of DUI. The driver must blow into the device before they can start their vehicle. If the driver blows above a certain breath alcohol threshold the vehicle will not start. This lock out will result in a violation.
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles will send a violation letter to the driver. Within 20 days of receipt of the letter, the offender must contact North Florida Safety Council to schedule an appointment. The DUI Program Provider (NFSC) shall notify the DHSMV immediately when the convicted person contacts the DUI program, and schedules an appointment. The DUI Program Provider (NFSC) shall meet with the convicted person, and complete the Ignition Interlock Device Interview Report, HSMV Form 77036 to document the face-to-face interview.
Ignition Interlock Device Fees:
- First Violation Fee = $25.00
- Second Violation Fee = $55.00
- Monthly Fee for IID monitoring Plus Ancillary Fee (2nd Violation) = $45.00
- Third Violation Fee = $55.00
- Monthly Fee for IID monitoring Plus Ancillary Fee (3rd Violation) = $45.00
- IID First Violation Missed Appointment = $50.00
- IID Missed Monthly Appointment After 2nd and 3rd Violation = $70.00
- IID Missed Case Management Appointment (2nd Violation) = $110.00
- IID Missed Treatment Plan Appointment (3rd Violation) = $110.00
- Transfer Fee = $25.00
- Processing Referral (3rd Violators) = $15.00
- DRI Fee (If DRI is 6 months or older) = $5.00
- Additional Fee for SSS Clients to have IID as part of Driver License Requirement = $10.00
We service IID clients in Leon, Wakulla, Taylor, Madison, Jefferson, Franklin, Liberty, and Gadsden Counties.
Appointments are scheduled by calling the DUI Department at 850-877-5193 Ext. 102.